University of Khartoum

Performance analysis of a Photovoltic module on a solar tracker with reflectors

Performance analysis of a Photovoltic module on a solar tracker with reflectors

Show full item record

Title: Performance analysis of a Photovoltic module on a solar tracker with reflectors
Author: Mohamed, Hassan; Ahmed, Ali
Abstract: The goal of this study is to improve the performance of an existing one axis passive solar photovoltaic (PV) tracker system. Few modifications were made to the tracker by adding mirror reflectors to increase the system power output. Two similar 50 W photovoltaic modules were tested side by side for comparison under the same solar radiation intensity. The first one is a fixed flat mounted module, while the other module is fitted with plain reflectors mirrors. Both modules were at an inclination of 15.5° facing south. Data was collected and recorded. A 45% increase was achieved in addition to the 36% already achieved by increasing the tracker’s tilt angle. This represents a total increase of 81% in power output compared to fixed system. This study was found to be attractive based on the most important advantage of the solar energy in rural areas, which would bring economic benefit to regions located away from large urban centers. A simple smart technique was tested and insured to enhance and encourage the use of solar energy in rural areas small applications electrification.
URI: http://khartoumspace.uofk.edu/handle/123456789/19715
Date: 2016


Files in this item

Files Size Format View

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record

Share

Search DSpace


Browse

My Account