University of Khartoum

Bacterial Respiratory Tract Infections Of Chickens In Kassala Area

Bacterial Respiratory Tract Infections Of Chickens In Kassala Area

Show full item record

Title: Bacterial Respiratory Tract Infections Of Chickens In Kassala Area
Author: MOHAMED, NOUR
Abstract: This study was carriedout in Kassala area, eastern Sudan to isolate, identify and to examine antibiotic susceptibility of the bacteria associated with the respiratory tractinfection of chickens. Eighty eight samples were collected from different infected breeds of chicken showing clear respiratory symptoms. The samples were collected from Hisex (layers and broilers) and baladi. The samples were nasal swabs, conjunctival swabs, trachea swabs and specimen from lung. Different types of media were used for bacterial culturing .The collected samples showed bacterial growth in 78 samples and yielded 106 isolates. Sixty three of the isolates (59.43%) were found to be Gram negative bacteria and the remaining 43 isolates (40.57%) were Gram positive bacteria. The Gram negative bacteria isolated in the work were E.coli, Pseudomonas species,Klebsielaspecies, Shigellaspecies, Morganellaspecies, Proteus species, and Haemophilusspecies. The Gram positive bacteria isolated in this work were Staphylococcusspecies, Micrococcusspecies, Bacillus species, Streptococcusspecies and Stomatococcus muci. Serological survey for Mycoplasma gallysepticumantibodies was carried out, and 270 serum samples collected from hisex and baladi breeds at the time of slaughtering were examined by serum agglutination test. Eighty eight (32.6%) of these samples were found seropositive. ix The sensitivity of bacteria isolated from infected chickens to antibiotics was performed. The result of sensitivity test showed high sensitivity to the less commonly used antibiotics reflecting the misuse of the commonly used antibiotics. The result of this study described the respiratory diseases as the one of constrain to poultry production in Kassala area.
Description: 88 Pages
URI: http://khartoumspace.uofk.edu/handle/123456789/8794
Date: 2015-04-09


Files in this item

Files Size Format View

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record

Share

Search DSpace


Browse

My Account